What is a Short-Term Missionary?
- A young couple or family with Bible college and/or seminary training
- They have a burden to be involved in church planting for at least 1-2 years
- They are convinced the Lord has led them to Mormon Country (at least for
this short term)
- They are willing to work together as the lead missionary with a church
planting team under the supervision of a veteran BMM missionary
What are the steps to become a Short-Term Missionary?
- Meet the general qualifications for ministry with BMM including
agreement with policy, procedures and doctrine
- Become approved and appointed by BMM in coordination with your
- Raise the minimum monthly support needed (about $3,000) for short term
- Obtain your own major medical health insurance (the BMM group plan is
- Recruit several committed prayer warriors to pray for you
- If possible, recruit a tentmaker couple or family to work with you
- Move to the field to join a church planting team
What are some options for a Short-Term Missionary?
- Help start a church and stay on as the pastor
- Help start one church, then upgrade to career missionary status to help
start other churches
- The possibility of working on the field part-time (up to 20 hours a week)
to generate partial support